2007年10月30日火曜日

Movie Review 2

Kill Bill

Kill Bill is a violent movie. Quentin Tarantino made it in 2003. This movie became popular among the world and was nominated at the Golden Globe Awards.Uma Thurman plays The Bride who is a main character. Her rival O-Ren Ishii is played by Lucy Liu . The main stage of this movie is Japan, and in this movie some famous Japanese actors appear like Shinichi Chiba, Chiaki Kuriyama and so on. That is why we can listen lots Japanese words. I summarize this movie.
When the Bride had her wedding, the killer Bill and his group killed her husband, baby and attendance. She manages to survive, but she goes into a coma. Four years later, she comes out of a coma and then she decides to revenge herself on her enemies. She was sold as a hooker by Buck at the hospital during her coma. When she wakes up, she kills that guy.
Firstly, the Bride visits her friend who betrays her. They begin to fight in the kitchen and then the Bride kills her friend.
Next she goes to Okinawa to get a good Katana from Hattori Hanzo. He pretends to be a sushi chef in front of her firstly. She explains him about her mission and then he forges for her the best sword he has ever created.
After she gets his sword, she goes to one Japanese building to kill Bill’s group. There she fights with O-Ren Ishii, Go-Go Yubari, Sofie Fatale, Jonny Mo and the Crazy 88. They try to attack the Bride with many weapons continuous.
Finally, she defeats them all by herself. However, she does not kill Bill, so her mission will continue.
This movie is too violent for me to watch neatly. I also had difficulty in understanding this story. There were lots violent scenes in this movie and they made me mad. Whenever I saw those scenes, I often had to close my eyes. I seldom watch violent movies like this, so I was not used to watching this movie. I thought that a foreign director made this movie again. In this movie Japanese culture was described funny and strange. However, I was able to know many actors and actress from this movie. Before I watched this movie, I wondered why Lucy Liu was a boss of Japanese gang though she could not speak Japanese well. I gradually did not care of it and liked her as I watched this movie. When I listened her Japanese words, I could enjoy listening them. I also liked Chiaki Kuriyama in this movie. Surely, I do not like violent movies, but if I have a chance, I will try to watch Kill Bill 2.

3 件のコメント:

Red Ted さんのコメント...

I totally love this movie, but yes like you say - very violent but also very stylish. The choreography and music are a real work of art!

Did you think the actors spoke good Japanese?

Ayumi さんのコメント...

I do not understand why you love this
movie. Japanese actors spoke Good Japanese, but Lucy spoke Japanese better than Uma.
Anyway, I can't understand this story without Wikipedia!!

Adeel Javed さんのコメント...

It was an amazing movie, violent but that was the fun part, you don't see women in such violent movies, so that is another reason, people like it.