2008年1月14日月曜日

Coming of Age ceremony

Today, January 14th. was my Coming-of-Day!!
I woke up at 6:30 and went to a beauty salon called, "Baked Potato". There I had my hair set and they applied cosmetics to my face. It took nearly 2 hours altogether. After that, I went to a shop called Wedding box where I borrowed the kimono. It was bad timing though, as my sister had to go to Tokyo for work today. She didn't have much to stay in Kumamoto, so I had to hurry to change from Kimono to see my sister. However, we managed to take photos together. And then I went to the Kumamoto civic gym where the ceremony was being held. There I listened to a speech given by the city mayor and some music.
During the ceremony, I was very happy for having met the foreign students meet foreign students who wore Kimono. I was lucky because I could be taken photos with them there besides. ^^ I met both my school friends and old classmates they looked different.
After the ceremony, I went to my grandparents' house by myself. My mother came to their house after I arrived there. We went to Fujisaki Palace together. When we went there, my Japanese sandal was broken. My mother called the Wedding box and then I got new one. My grandfather loves taking photos, so he took a lot of photos of me. Anyway, I really liked my kimono. I didn't take off it quickly after I came home. I wanted to wear Kimono as long as I had time. My mom and I took a lot of photos at home again. Today it was a so long and a precious day for me. It was because I don't have many chances to wear Kimono though I am Japanese girl. Maybe I won't wear Kimono after over 2 years at least. I also grew my hair for today. I wanna change my hairstyle soon. The reason it was important was that it was only time in my life that I could take part in that ceremony. I enjoyed my coming of age ceremony!!

0 件のコメント: