2008年1月13日日曜日

Movie Review 6


Lilo and Stitch
(Introduction)
Lilo and Stitch is a 2002 Disney Animation film. It was released by Walt Disney Pictures and Buena Vista Distribution. The original voice of Stitch is by Chris Sander, is an American film actor and voice actor. He also served as a storyboard artist, artistic director, and character designer on Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King and Mulan. The Japanese voice of Stitch is by Koichi Yamadera, who is a famous voice actor. Yamadera often appears in Disney animations as a voice actor. This film was nominated for the 2003 Academy Award for Best Animated Feature, but then the Japanese anime Spirited away written and directed by Hayao Miyazaki won the award.
(Story)
One day, a crazy alien scientist named Mr. Jumba Jookida made Number 626. Number 626 looked cute blue koala, but he was dangerous creature. That’s why Mr. Jumba was arrested, and 626 was nearly broken by other aliens, but he managed to escape and went to the earth. The place it arrived was Hawaii. The Grand Councilwoman, was the leader of the fictional United Galactic, asked Jumba and Agent Pleakley to chase after him. They also went to the earth.
Lilo was a little girl who lives with her sister Nani in Hawaii. They did not have parents because their parents died in a car accident. Lilo went to a dance school, but there she often had a run-in with other girls. That’s why Lilo did not have any friends, so she always felt alone. Nani was her older sister and took care of Lilo, but she did not have any job and keep their living condition good, so social worker Cobra Bubbles visited their house. He told Nani that he would take Lilo into a foster care if she couldn't improve her problems within 3 days. After that, Lilo wanted to have a nice friend, so they went to an animal shelter to get a dog. At the same time, 626 was sent to the shelter. That’s why Lilo met him there and decided to get him. Nani once refused to buy him, but Lilo got to like him very much. She finally allowed her to have him. They bought him for 2 dollars. Lilo named 626 “Stitch”. Lilo liked him very much. She was also a big fan of Elvis Presley, so she sometimes made Stitch mimic Elvis. She took Stitch to a Nani’s workplace where Nani’s boyfriend, David worked as a fire performer. However, Stitch was not a good boy, very violent and tried to break many things in their house. Because of it, Nani got angry with him and tried to return him to the shelter. However, Lilo said Nani that he was Ohana. Ohana means family in Hawaiian. Nani heard that word and stopped to do it.
The next day, David took them to a beach. They were enjoying surfing there. When they did surfing, Jumba and Pleakly watched Stitch. They tried to capture Stitch from underwater. Because of it, Stitch and Lilo drowned. David managed to help them, but Nani thought that Stitch attacked Lilo. Accidentally, Cobra watched that happening and told Nani that they couldn’t be together. That night, Lilo and Nani stayed on a hammock together. Stitch felt a pang of guilt and decided to leave and hide in the woods.
On the other hand, Jumba and Pleakley felt heat that they could not catch him quickly. The Grand Councilwoman asked Captain Gantu, a shark-like alien, to capture Stitch. The next morning, Jumba found and tried to catch Stitch in the woods. Stitch wanted to stay with Lilo and Nani. Stitch ran from him and went back to their house. There he met Lilo, but Jumba also came there. While Stitch and Jumba began to fight, Lilo called Cobra for help. Before their house was broken, Pleakley took Lilo out their house.
Just after this tragedy, Nani came back to home, but there was Cobra. Nani and Cobra began to argue about it and then Lilo went to the woods and met Stitch. Unfortunately, Lilo and Stitch were caught by Grantu. Stitch was able to escape from him, but Lilo was removed with Grantu’s space ship. Nani chased Grantu with Jumba’s spaceship. At last, they could rescue Lilo from Grantu.
Finally, the Grand Councilwoman arrived to arrest Stitch, but she allowed him to stay with Lilo. She decided the place where Stitch was exiled was earth. She realized Lilo and Nani loved Stitch, and Stitch also loved them. Jumba and Pleakley also stayed on earth to help Nani, Lilo and Stitch. Then Cobra turned to be a former member of CIA and he promised her to help them. That’s why Stitch could be Lilo’s family at last.
(impression)
I like Disney movies, especially princess stories like Beauty and the Beast and The little mermaid. I was surprised that the voice actor of Stitch had made some of my favorite Disney animations. However, I had known what Stitch is before I watched the film. I did not have interest in this story, but I realized that it was a good story after watching it and got to like this story. I expected that story was boring, but it was funny story to me. I can enjoy watching that story. Sometimes Lilo is a not good girl to Nani, but she loves her very much. If I have Stitch, I do not know whether I can keep him or not. Stitch is really cute, but his behavior is very bad. My favorite scene was that Stitch spat two pieces of cake. However, if he exists, I want to have him for only 3 days. I thought there were few musical parts in this film. However, I was happy that I could listen the song “Aloha Oe”. Since I have watched this movie, I long for Hawaii. If I have a chance, I want to travel to Hawaii someday. In Japan, the new Disney film” Enchanted” will open soon. I want to see this movie, too. I cannot wait to watch this movie. Anyway, I like the story, so I will recommend many people to watch Lilo and Stitch. I want to see Lilo and Stitch 2, too. If I have free time, I will watch it!

0 件のコメント: