2007年6月5日火曜日

Essay4

A memorable day in my life

A memorable day in my life is a high school festival day in 2003.
When I was a freshman at the high school, my classmates and I sang “I will follow him” at a stage on school festival day. My high school was Christian and our homeroom teacher taught us English, so we decided to sing it in English. But we had to study very hard everyday, and we did not have much time to practice singing. We all watched the movie “Sister act “and listened this song so many times. We almost had to study from 7:30am to 6pm a day. So we began to practice singing after the classes. I was not good at singing. In those days I liked English, but it was difficult to understand this song’s meaning and memorize this lyric. I also had a question about him that is a part of this song’s title. Then I did not know who he is. So I tried to do my best to overcome these programs. To make matters worse, I had to sing with dance in the center of the stage. I could not dance well, too. I really worried about it. Especially, I did not like dance class in high school days. My classmates cared me and taught me so many times, but I could not improve it at all. I also practiced it repeatedly at my home. The day came soon. I was very nervous before my stage. I watched another classes’ stages before my stage, but I could not enjoy watching them. My stage began at last. I really wanted to run away. My mind went blank as soon as the song began, but I managed to move my mouth. This song is gospel, so I decided to enjoy singing and dancing even if I mistook. My friend enjoyed them next to me. She was a wheelchair user, but very cheerful. Then I expected every audience looked at her not me. Some audiences began to dance together. My feeling became better. I enjoyed singing and dancing with all my might. Our show finished in no time and everyone applauded. So I was very happy and relaxed. I still believe my class was the best of all. And I enjoyed the rest of the festival with my friends. My sister visited my school to see me after my stage. There she happened to meet a photographer and she was taken photo with other students. To my surprised, she largely appeared in the next day’s newspaper. She though he was a just school photographer. It turned out that he was a journalist later. My family was delighted to know it.
I had experienced three school festivals, but this festival was the best for me. Then I was crazy about gospel and sometimes listen gospel songs now. I want to see my classmates again. When I will see them someday, some of them will have their children.

0 件のコメント: